- Updated branding
- Created categories.
- Implemented the Discourse WordPress comment plugin and styled it.
- I’ve started to move wpguide.io to Bookstack which is a self hosted wiki.
- This will be essentially a WordPress Wiki covering everything about WordPress in multiple topics.
- Article are great, but a wiki is essentially a wealth of knowledge that is easy to digest.
- I’ve done some house-cleaning on the managingwp.io site.
- It’s using a theme Squaretype, which is a great theme. But after digging around in it custom post types are completely ignored. So, I am still having to whip up the child theme code. But hopefully, the live blog is now better.
- The home page is improved.
- Still need to figure out how to handle drafts better.
- I am still trying to move live blogs over from wpguide.io so that the content can be indexed and comments can be made.
- Launched Discourse Community Forums!
- You can sign up here at https://forum.managingwp.io
- The goal is for this to be always public and indexed by search engines. There’s a ton of great information in this Facebook group. But Google can’t see it, and that sucks for those that don’t know about this community.
- I still think there is a place for a smaller, more intimate community discussion. I just don’t know where that is.
- Hoping to move comments to Discourse.
- Facebook will always be here.