Content Error or Suggest an Edit
Notice a grammatical error or technical inaccuracy? Let us know, we will give you credit!
The following article is a list of WordPress Plugins using admin-ajax.php in a manner that results in performance issues with your WordPress site.
Why does using admin-ajax.php cause performance issues? The following two articles go in-depth into why admin-ajax.php should be avoided completely when developing a plugin, especially for any front-end non-logged-in requests.
- WP REST API vs admin-ajax.php vs Must-Use Plugin: Handling AJAX Requests in WordPress – Delicious Brains
- Don’t Use Admin-Ajax – blog.julien-maury.dev
- 10up Engineering Best Practices
- Faster AJAX Calls With The WordPress Rewrite API
- 3 Methods for AJAX in WordPress | Which Method is the Best?